The online proceedings are available! The ID and the password are provided for the attendees of the conference.
The route to a bus stop for the banquet.
In recent decades, computational and robotic techniques have been employed to study how biological and artificial systems develop sensorimotor, cognitive and social abilities through dynamic interactions with their physical and social environments. The objectives of the research are to gain a better understanding of human and animal intelligence from the perspective of development, learning, adaptability, embodiment and dynamical systems within individual and social contexts, and to construct artificial systems with more adaptive and flexible behaviors.
The two most prominent conference series that showcase this area of research, the International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL) and the International Conference on Epigenetic Robotics (EpiRob), are joining forces for the eighth time and invite submissions for a joint meeting in 2018 to explore, extend, and consolidate the interdisciplinary boundaries of this exciting research area.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
– general principles of development and learning;
– development of skills in biological systems and robots;
– nature VS nurture, critical periods and developmental stages;
– architectures for cognitive development and life-long learning;
– emergence of body knowledge and affordance perception;
– models for prediction, planning and problem solving;
– models of human-human and human-robot interaction;
– emergence of verbal and non-verbal communication skills;
– epistemological foundations and philosophical issues;
– models of child development from experimental psychology.
Submission deadline: March 15th, 2018
Notification due: June 1st, 2018
Final Version due: July 1st, 2018
Submission deadline: April 1st, 2018
Notification due: June 15th, 2018
Submission deadline: April 15th, 2018
Notification due: June 22nd, 2018
Final Version due: July 15th, 2018
Early-registration period: September 2nd, 2018
Conference: September 16th – 20th, 2018